Monday, August 15, 2011

Ultraman

The Ultraman World Championships





After still being on a high from finishing Ironman Switzerland just over 5 weeks ago I cannot help but wander what the next event or challenge would be.

Fellow triathletes here in the Cayman Islands have been asking me when I will be doing my next Ironman and I do not really have an answer to this question at this stage. I find that training for an Ironman requires so much time and dedication that it just works better for me to do an Ironman once every two years while doing olympic distance and half ironman events in the years I do not compete in an Ironman event. In this way it also give me adequate time to focus on my weakest discipline or areas identified where I can further improve for my next Ironman event.

I came across two Ultraman websites this evening and cannot help to wander what it would be like to compete in this event. I definitely still have to do some more reading up about the Ultraman World Championships and how to go about being invited for this event. Here are two good websites on the Ultraman event I have found:

Ultraman official website

Ultraman - Wikipedia version

Definitely an event to ponder and think about for future years.


No comments:

Post a Comment